Combines New 8010

striker782

Yes, there are axle ext. that go behind the final drives and op. platform extensions with extra handrails that are required for duals. If you need more info. the Husker Harvest lot 8010 has duals and will be coming back here after the show tomorrow to be stripped down for hauling to Farm Progress.

TwinSilvers

I'm not sure about the 503's, but the "first year" 1440's and 1460's had there share of problems. My uncle went through the same dilemma with his 1460 as you have with your 8010. IHC gave him his old 915 back to use, free of charge, for the entire harvest season until they worked the bugs out of the 1460; - he's never bought anything but an Axial-Flow since.

foot_n_mouth

I went to the combine meetings the local IH dealer sponsored on combines and like previous poster mentioned, the first axial flows had problems in the first few years. I like people like you Farmer Tony, who buy the early models and find the bugs. I bought a 1983 model. I waited five years for the bugs to be found and corrected.

Deerebines

How many days_hours of harvesting do you have on this new one right nowIJ I would like to hear back from you in about a week of steady long day harvesting and see if she is still performing well or things are starting to quit working right like the other one. So darn funny, 1 handful ain't worth the metal their made of in scrap price and the next batch is the cream of the crop. Are we seeing CNH quality control going completely to He11 IJ

TwinSilvers

Yes, we should appreciate farmers like FarmerTony who take the chance and buy new technology; - they are the true engineers who, not only find the quirks and problems, but often times fix the problems as well. The best example of this is the Gleaner forum. Just look at all the "farmer-created" mods which have evolved over the years.

TwinSilvers

I don't think you're in the minority; - I believe most farmers (including myself) would rather wait a year or two for new technology to prove itself. There are those, though, that like to take the gamble and buy a new product immediately upon availability. In my uncles case (years ago) he needed greater capacity than his IHC 915 could provide, so he opted to take the chance. His reward was an extended warranty on his 1460 plus the usage of his traded-in 915 PlUS the 1460 for the entire season (2 combines vs. one).

bubs

Farmertony, I am glad that you are having some fun along with your frustrations. I hope your new 8010 is just what your expectations desire. Of course I have heard the same from those that have just gotten their second wife after a divorce from the previous perfect girl. I think you get the meaning and I only mean it in fun. I too have often found myself as the first man on the starting block running full speed into the night, sometimes finding the first bridge missing or a low limb to clean my clock, while others whispered or hung back to see if I could recover. I always have and I am still having a good time. I think you should stick to farming and buying combines. Should the job for you to fly experimental aircraft come along I would encourage you to turn it down. Your luck is just not good enough. One of the best things I have enjoyed about farming was owning my own Cessna 172 for the last 10 years. Not a single fellow at the mill or coffee shop ever told me a lie about his crops or the 200 acres he combined in one day. I traded it this spring for a Haggie sprayer, a little lower to the ground but still a little like flying, and yes the fellows are back to lying and the girls are now going naked in thier yards, so they say. Good luck to you and remember "pigs don't fly" and "laughter will never kill you". I am still happy with my 2388.

polarbear

Tony, are you from NYIJ I only ask because isee the waterloo reference...

farmert

I really want a plane!! but my wife says no. She must know me too well

farmert

I think all the quaility is down this year. Some new Deeres around here have been worse than my 8010. the 8010 they brought was the 6th one made. had 20 sep hrs when I got it I've ran it about 30+ with no problems