Combines New to green paint Am looking at a used 9600 help

800_RMK

Come up to NW MN and NE ND you can find a late 96 to 1997 or 98 9610 on auction sales for 45-55,000 they may have a few more hrs though. Just food for thought.

jdgilly

We have a 1996 9600 with 2200_1500 hours located in Winamac, IN. It has 18.4x42 duals, 18.4x26 w_RWD, Maurer Bin Ext., Chopper, 20 ft. Auger, and is in excellent condition. The machine came off of our rental fleet and did our family farm for 4 years. The combine is to be inspected in our shop, and it will probably be due for a set of rasp bars. The price is $49,500 with new rasp bars installed, inspection completed, and oil_filters changed. Email me if you want any more information. It's an excellent unit, and it has not been abused or sat outside all of its life. Gilly

dakotaboy

800 RMK, thanks. I'm actually from North Dakota,(NW part) just haven't started shopping to hard yet. If there is anyone from ND_MT_MN_SD that has a very well maintained machine that is ready to go for this season let me know, as I may be interested. Would prefer 92 or newer. And less than 2000 Sep hours. I would assume at about 2000 sep hours is when you need to start going through the machine on a bigger scaleIJ last combine I bought was actually in Warren MN in 97. Need something that I will not have to do too much work on this first season as my time is very limited all the way up till harvest starts.

dakotaboy

Gilly. Thanks. I'm no JD combine price expert but that sounds half reasonable from the classifieds I've looked at. (no headerIJIJ) I forgot to mention Its going to be used only on GRAIN and possibly lentils. Is your machine a grainIJ Also, the only thing is Indiana is a bit of a haul from where I'm located in extreme NW ND. I'm 40 miles from Canada and 20 miles from Montana!! Thats got to be well over 1000 miles I would think. (free shippingIJIJIJIJ chuckle.

Seen_the_Green_light

Dakotaboy, are you really stuck on a 9600 or would a good 9500 work for your operation if a 9500 would would I have a 93' 1850 sep hours that was completly gone throught last summer new bars and concave and a bunch of other new parts and has about 200-250 hours on it since this was done if interested (701)883-4495 dfeiken@yahoo.com Thanks Dennis Feiken

sidewinder

from my experience the '97 9600's had less power than pre '97 and the 9610's. this is becase 97 was the first year for an emission controlled engine. If all you ran were 97's you wouldnt notice a difference... but put them beside other 9600's or 9610's and you will. Just something to keep in mind

bill

I have a 96 9600 3097 seperator hours on it the machine has been totally gone through and is field ready. we replaced the feeder chain, clean grain eleavtor chain, alot of the sprokets. new raspbars, had the chopper balanced. plus numerous other repairs.. this machine is in perfect condition.. asking 69900 canadian dollars or 51500$ US.... southern manitoba

john

Why would you go backwards to a conventional deere when you are familiar with the axial flow theres a reason they are worth more deere has seen the light and built a crude rotor machine to compete.

Rockpicker

Sounds like you are near Williston ND. Am I correct. I have been over to that country before. Seems to me there is a big Gleaner dealer there. Why don't you buy a GleanerIJ

dakotaboy

Rockpicker, That is exactly where I'm from. Our farm is N of Williston. The guy I'm cutting for is soured on Gleaners so I am hesitant to purchase one. But yes, lindsey Imp. has a PIlE of used Gleaners. I personally have alot of trust in the Gleaner, Cripes, I've run 750's and 860's (which are maintenance pigs)for along time. PS, and I lIKED the masseys, If they made an updated 860 and they had some quality control I wouldn't buy anything but that machine. Back to the point, I don't mind gleansers, Someday I will mabeye have one, but in the mean time, want a reliable machine, in the $40-50K area, good for another 3 years that is dependable. Color_thrashing type isn't a big issue. I prefer Gleaners to run. I think CIH AFlOW are the best investement, and have noticed (just to throw a wrench in the motor) that recently JD maximizers are looking like the cheapest machine.... And like I said, Its going to boil down to Seperator hours_price. Just don't have the funds to be prejudiced OR picky. Did I make myself very UNClEARIJIJIJIJ chuckle....