Combines New to green paint Am looking at a used 9600 help

Big_Al

There is a 1992 1680 with 1200 hours coming up at a farm sale on April 3rd. The sale is in western Saskatchewan. I know the combine it has been stored inside when not in use and was purchased new by the present owner. It is my uncle who is having the sale. If you want more info. call him at 306-666-2119 or 403-528-2152 his name is Mike.

dakotaboy

BigAl, thanks for the tip. EXCEPT...I'm currently in Texas for a short while longer and will not be home till July....shoot the luck!! Won't be able to get serious about buying until Jul_Aug...Hey, you should let me know what it goes for just for fun when you find out!! (might make me cry though if it goes cheap...) CHUCKlE....thanks

jdgilly

The combine is a corn_bean machine. Email me if you would like more details. I would have to see what freight is from here to there, but I know it could be arranged. Its a good combine. Will look into the cost of concave inserts if it doesn't have any. Gilly

bkandra

I have ran 860's and 9600's (both personally and side by side in the same field) and in wheat a 9600 will outcut a 860 by a whole lot. The 860's were running 24' heads at 4 mph and the 9600 a 30' head at 5 mph. later you could see stripes behind the 860's and nothing behind the 9600.

Rockpicker

Just giving you a hard time on Gleaners. They are a rarity around here and my forgettable experience with them was with the custom cutters N7s. I was north of Williston to pick up a truck scale last year. We drove by the huge Gleaner dealer. I told the farmer whom we were getting the scale from that "this must be Gleaner country". He asked why I think that and I said something about all of the Gleaner combines at the dealer. He said that must be were they all are because he doesn't have Gleaners and nobody around him does. Do you know the story behind the JD combine sticking straight into the air like something picked it up and drove it straight into the groundIJ I saw it from the highway and it looks like a 55.

ilovegreen

hey dakota boy whats your name. how far north of williston do ya farm . just curious i live in crosby

sidewinder

were the 860's V8 hydro's or the 354 turbo's. And were they running the original 3 sieve or a seive abd airfoil chafferIJ

dakotaboy

ilovegreene Your kidding!...Heck then I probly somehow know you! Russ Solberg out of Alamo_Zahl......Whats yer name...

dakotaboy

Hey Rockpicker, Do you remember the name of the farmer you bought the scale fromIJ I've never seen that "landmark"....What highway were you onIJ How far N of WillistonIJ

dakotaboy

Bkandra, Well of course I'm going to find that one hard to imagine. A v-8 Hydro 860 that is set up for grain is a hog in the field. I run my SIX CYlINDER 860 in the field with an 8820 T II (both had 30' headers)(40 or so bushel Durum) and it was neck and neck. The field was on fire and we were cutting as fast as we could go to make a fire break....pretty good test I thought. I've run a Hydro with a 9600 as well and we went round for round but I don't know if the other guy was pushing it or whatever. And if you want a conventional that DON'T throwover, get an 860, they are king from my experience on saving grain. Just my 75cents worth!