Combines 8010 vs 2388

land_Surfer

5500 bph! I do not believe it. Maybe a spike or short-term 5500 bph, but not a consistent level of performance.

TURBO

A 12 row head is a lot for a 8010. The one I was around would not put through 200 bushel + in tough conditions. The feeder house would keep plugging up.

farmert

ok a spike to 5500 but easily 5000-5200 can't haul it away anyway. 250 bu corn hard to haul away peroid. my feeder acually has worked pretty well rotated the chains and keep them tight I do not have a rock trap. and I run her as fast as it will go 660 rpm. I wasn't even watching the bph but the tech riding with me went holy sh-t look at that when it went over 5500.

farmboy

I think this 8010 is overall a good combine. 2388's were good combines in their day. We were headed towards two combines and this 8010 was just the ticket to keep us from going that direction. This combine isn't for everyone yet because you have to have patience when new machines of any kind come on line. It doesn't matter if its CAT, Green, or Red, new products are being pushed out the door before all the R and D can be completly done. I'd invite anyone to send the same class of combine out to our farm and put them to the test side by side. The 8010, when set correctly leaves about 2 kernals of corn in 2 foot by 2 foot area behind the combine. I think that is from head shatter, but I'm not sure. You can put this combine on 4,000 bph and cut all day and half the night. Get the trucks out cause 50,000 bu a day is here to stay.

rjp

I was just wondering farmertony if you was'nt on here all the time and out in the fields working if you might be able to get along with a smaller combineIJ

Rockpicker

Why do you praise the 8010 in one post but then say you won't have it for very long if CIH doesn't fix the problems in a different postIJ

farmert

you ever get really tired off messing with somethingIJ well I think my problem is gona get fixed real quick like. It is a great combine but sometimes you have to chew some A-s to get action. I don't know about every one else but I get dam tired of picking corn. elevators full bins full help all tired, an hour a two doesn't make much difference to me. by the time We get through harvesting, all the field work will be done and the Nh3 all on. and working late and being tired just causes problems.

farmert

400 I put two sections of round bar concaves in it and I think that helped more than anything. and the concave is fairly open 18 on the 8010. I run my seives completely open and fan at 1150. could not be any better.

rjp

Well I guess I don't know what your whining about if your almost done with everything. Maybe take a roadtrip