Combines 8010 vs 2388

nebraska_farmer

wow!!! at 5500 bph you could do my whole farm in about 2 hours!! i don't think i could pencil out a 2388 or an 8010 for my farm. i bought a 1440 a couple years ago and thought i was in hog heaven!! i felt so lucky to have a combine with a radio and air conditioning!! i'm also in this for the long haul...the lord permitting. some think that unless you have the largest_newest_fastest machines you are a nothing, i'm not out here to impress anyone like i think some are trying to do in this forum. but all my equipment is paid for and the profits go in my pockets. shucks...just the savings from me buying all that new equipment has paid for a new house, new machine shed, and an almost new 36 ft motorhome that my wife and i enjoy traveling in while enjoying the profits off the farm! what's it all about fellasIJIJ like the commercial on tv says...."what's in your wallet"IJ just my .02

Red_dog

Thanks for stating a very valuable point! I also enjoy to see my wife and kids at supper time.

Winst

I find it hard to believe some of the things posted on here. It seems everyone has a minimum of 2500 acres, their corn makes 220 and their soybeans 65 at the minimum, and they all have 2 grain carts and 3 semis at a minimum. My operation is much more modest than that, but I have managed to make a little money and don't have to run brand new equipment to impress anyone either. I think there are more of us besides you and me. At least I hope so.

camaro92z

ME TOO!!!!!!! I agree with you nebraska farmer. There's more to it than being a BTO. There are some people that can talk how great they and their equipment is, and those who just are very content with what they have and are doing. FarmerT is just like one of my neighbors. Thank Goodness for the good guys. Ted , soaking wet here in Central Ohio.

farmertim

Yes there are. I wonder if their landlords know that they are making all that corn and beans IJIJ

robmgrig

I didn't realize you could make 230 bu corn!. In a good year, we may average 150. There's nothing wrong with being a small farmer. We only have 950 acres of corn, milo, beans, cotton, and hay. Our newest equipment is a '94 picker.

pj

What's the rated clean grain elevator capacity on the 8010 compared to the 2388IJ Just curious.