Combines Anyone gone from JD to GEANERIJ

gpd

We are in the harvesting business.Have run John Deere combines from the begining.Parts availibility and reliable machines main reason for running green.Our 9610s have been the best John Deere combines we have ever run.Now they are getting where we need to update our machines.Thought about STS,but know about their repair issues and lately poor qualiy. So this year we thought we would try a differant color. Bought R72 with 30 ft. head.We have been very impressed with this machine.We like the simplicity of it less moving parts means less repair costs .We feel it will be a cheaper machine to run.The Agco cutting head is also superior to Deeres.Also we are fortunate to live within 50 miles of NDdan. So its been tweeked to give us more capacity.So next yesr we will be looking for another.

MostlyGreen

Your experience has been similar to my brother's; - again, it's tough to argue with logic. A simpler combine generally yields lower maintanance costs and, with proper tweaking, Gleaners seem to do just fine when compared to anything else out there. We have a farmer about 20 miles away who has logged over 6,000 hours on his N5. He's admittedly rebuilt EVERYTHING on this combine at least twice but still has a good, reliable combine.

Russ_SCPA

Oh man, I spit my coffee out on that one. I have an R50 and have spent many, many hours running a Deere 9550. Does "hung out to dry" mean anythingIJ