Combines chip for 8010

farmert

nothing like that availalbe for an iveco engine tech was to engine school and it can't be done. if you find out how let me know as well I've never bought anything that had enough power.

Big_Al

Just curious what do you have for a head is it 50' or what or is your crop going 300 bushels to the acre I ran an 8010 last fall in corn with a 12 row head corn was going 150 bushels to the acre and we pushed it hard we were unloading on the go at 8 mph.We could have gone faster but cart driver was not comfortable and there was no sign of any shortage of power. Granted I don't know about harveseting rice but I doubt that with an 8010 you would run out of power unless like I mentioned you have a huge header and a super high yielding crop. What kind of tractor do you haveIJ Would an STX 525 be underpowered as well.

CAJUN__BOY

was just wondering is rice a main crop or sideline crop for you 8010's are not available here in south lA. at all had trouble with feeding and grain pan dealers here don't have any time frame on when they will be I can relate to your problem what moisture are you cutting and did you use a harvest aid I hope for you that it's dry where you are harvesting combine companies don't have much interest in rice country very small market with less than 4 million ac.

Deadduck

Big Al, You are right, you don't know anything about harvesting rice. No comparison to corn. Rice is cut green and is very hard to feed and thresh, not to mention the field is often muddy. There were 2 8010's sold here locally last year. Neither worked properly, either in soybeans or rice. They had so much trouble with them that both farmers gave them back and got new 2388's. None are available for sale in around here, and don't know when they will be. A CaseIH salesman friend of mine was telling me that next year is the last year for the 2388, and they are worried because so far the 8010 hasn't worked here.

Big_Al

I have a 2388 and I feel they are a better fit for what I do then an 8010 would be. But the orignal post was this guy needs more power for his 8010 and all I wanted to know was what size head he was using and what his yield was.It must be incredible if an 8010 would need more power. What type of machine did he have beforeIJ I also agree with you that the 2388 is a great machine but from what I have been hearing it will continue to be produced for a few years yet. Case is going to start building them at the Grand Island plant in Nov. of this year.

nascarfarmer

i do not believe in punctuation marks making my messages really hard to read

CAJUN__BOY

yeah because your message is really REAllY hard to readIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ PS this is a combine forum not an english class we want to gain info from each other on combine problems and fixes, If I want to sharpen my writting or typing skills I'll go back to school maybe this winter when I have the time!!!!!!!

Mo_rice

Big Al before i got the 8010 I had a 2188 and a 2388 with 24 ft. stripper heads. Now with the 8010 i have a 28 ft. stripper head. With the 21 and 23 i was running 4 to 4.5 mph in 150 to 160 bu rice. With the 8010 i can on run about 2.5 to 3 without it losing enough power to stall the motor. I don't know if the problem is HP or torque rise but something is wrong with the 8010.

farmert

something was said about plastic pieces in the fuel filters from the tank. have you checked them outIJ doesn't sound right to me.