Combines deere headers

deere_hunter

Are there any after market deck platesIJ Which type of pickup reel is best for a 644 corn head and where do you get themIJ

trapper219

Does anyone make a poly lining that will fit underneath of the augerIJ The origional metal is worn, bent, and bruised and I think it would be best if we lined it with poly. Deere sells a metal replacement for $150 for a 3 foot section.

cain

I was putting new chains and sprokets on and I noticed that the shaft on one gearbox that drives the feeder chain on my 643 has some play in it. I can move it back and forth about a quarter inch. My question is, are the gearboxes hard to rebuildIJ Is it something I could do myself or are there some special tools neededIJ There does not seem to be much slop in the gears and the boxes were filled with grease and checked several times each season. How hard to get the gearboxes offIJ Thanks for any help!

No_Till

Is there an adaptor that I can get so I can use a flex head with Dail-a-Matic on a 6600 combine with automatic header controlIJ

riverrat

Just picked up an old 55 combine. Need to remove the primitive "floating" header, the kind with the springs mounted underneath. Need info on removal of this grain header to install corn header. The original owner had never done this. Thanks guys!!!

JD9500

I,m considering buying a 620 head to put on my 9500. How difficult and how expensive is itIJ Are they a lot better than the 900 series IJ

Boss_Man

Does the 224 header have the same hookups as the 222 headerIJ Am curious. I always thaought that the 224 had a double drive (on both sides of feeder house) and the 222 was a single drive hookup. What problems have these headers had if anyIJ Were the flex versions of these any goodIJIJ

Tallgrass

I have trouble with the knife drive belt eye-bolt breaking while the header is in the flex position. Funny thing is I have never broken it while the header is locked up rigid for wheat or oats. I have replaced the belt, knife, wear plates and the pulleys are true and clean. Wobble box drive is O.K. with no play. IdeasIJ

bluehawk1

looking for 3, 36" macdon or jd drapers. scottucker30@yahoo.com