Combines Fine Cut Chopper

Guy

Hi, I am Guy laRochelle from Zenon Park. We put a fine cut on our 8820 and

diesel

The fine cut chopper will use more power than a regular chopper. Are you using in corn or small grain onlyIJIJIJ If you harvest corn, DO NOT put the fine cut chopper on your machine. It was not designed for corn, only small grain!!!!!!! It will wear out in very few acres if used in corn!!!!!

slims

the fine cut chopper will take care of your residue problem. we had two machines run them last year and the owners said that they would not run anything else. The only problem that I can see is that it took us about 8 hours to install the first one and once we figured out what to do the second one took about 5 hours to install. it requires cutting the distribution aguer shaft off and welding a shorter shaft on it to compinsate for the bigger drive pulley. but once we did one it was not to hard to do. but what i saw run there was not anything coming out of the dishcharge shoot that was of much mass. hope this helps. e-mail me if you have further IJ

slims

the fine cut chopper will take care of your residue problem. we had two machines run them last year and the owners said that they would not run anything else. The only problem that I can see is that it took us about 8 hours to install the first one and once we figured out what to do the second one took about 5 hours to install. it requires cutting the distribution aguer shaft off and welding a shorter shaft on it to compinsate for the bigger drive pulley. but once we did one it was not to hard to do. but what i saw run there was not anything coming out of the dishcharge shoot that was of much mass. hope this helps. e-mail me if you have further IJ

Ed_Boysun

Thanks for the info. I was interested in how much HP the chopper takes. How much straw were the guys running through the machineIJ

slims

one ran a 30 ft and the other ran a 25. did not really notice much difference in hp when compared to the old chopper. if you do get one make sure it has the new style knives with the hardened bushings in them. this was an update that came out last fall.

silver_blood

Ed I will be harvesting in the Glassgow area looking for extra cutting this year. we run R72's with honeybee headers. Also would like to lease a few machines up there. call me 580-302-1447 P.S. is there winter wheat in that area.

Ed_Boysun

Hi, Glasgow is 60 mi. west of me. Not much WW raised north of Mo. River. More as you get 50 miles south of river. Don't believe I'll need any help with cutting, but will send any I hear of your way. Do you use choppers on the discharge of your GleanersIJ

Ed_Boysun

Mine were serated. Just about got the thing installed. One minor snag - The kit included four new bearings for the distribution augers and no bearings for the chopper itself - what's the deal with thatIJIJ Making a parts run this afternoon and by tomorrow, the Gleaner should be ready to run. It will still be a while before we use it though, as the wheat is still a ways from ready. Ed in Montana

Gerald

Is the fine cut chopper running faster that the standard chopper or is that another kit. I was talking to a dealer while getting parts. He said something to the effect that the fine cut works better if you speed it up, but never followed up on the idea. At present I am looking at a jobber chopper made in Alberta. One dealer said the fine cut was having wear problems at the hammer pivots. Not sure how much grain we will be doing this fall, but we will have a lot of straw to chop. The crop is about one to two weeks late and that is not a good thing in this area.