Combines Houston we have ignition 4400 IS AlIVE

95man

Red, Glad you finally got er' rippin!!! Is the harmonic balancer going to hold togetherIJ On your hydraulic leak, is it on one of the hoses that goes to the cylinders that raise and lower the feeder house and platformIJ By the way, i'm heading to Indiana tomorrow to look a a pair of 7700's, so I'll be about 2 hours away it looks like, hopefully i'll have a few stories from the trip when I get back.

The_Red

95man drive safely. Good luck on the 7700s. You should beable to pick those off fairly cheap.

The_Red

Roger that on the honkin and swinging baseball bats out the windows Indy idiots. Farny it is probably one of the valves under the cab. The fluid was dripping down onto the main axle and the springs on the grain table. The two main pistons that raise the table were not leaking.

farny

If it is the valves, check all the fittings and hoses first, if it looks internal to the valves, then they will probably have to be rebuilt. That can be a time-consuming chore, you could maybe pick up a used valve stack at a local combine scrap yard to get you home. Another thought would be to put enough fluid in the machine to raise the head and lock the safety latch and then cap or plug the lines leading to the valve that leaks. You would be able to get home and then worry about rebuiling valves in your warm shop or house. Hope this gives you some ideas.

The_Red

Excellent ideas Farny. I am not sure the lock assembly was there though. I will have to stop the leak or I will simply burn up the pump. $400 window accident yesterday was enough for this month. That is what I call pulling a Red. :(

Mic

Good to hear things are progressing. You should be able to find a windshield cheaper than $400. There are a lot of those machines laying around. We get parts at a combine salvage yard. Spallinger Combine Parts

The_Red

Thanks Mic. Bryant Combine in Bryant IN is the closest to my farm. 7 miles north of Portland IN on U.S. 27. 219-997-6940. They have 1,700 combines in the yard now. Neat place! I know I could go cheaper with a used one but I am afraid it would be so brittle that with my luck I would break it. $400 includes new rubber and installation. My insurance is picking up the tab less deductible.

Mic

I don't blame you. It's always better to watch someone else struggle to put the glass in and worry about dropping it. The new seals are probably a good idea too.