Combines I was in Hesston last weekend and this is what I saw

Illinois_Gleaner

The only reason I put it on here was because I was at my Massey dealer the other day. He said you need to put something on the Massey board that thing is dead!!!!!!!!!! I guess it worked Have a good one deerebines, and take a chill pill you are too up tight. I just put it on here becasue I thought I might get a response. Not someone looking for a fight. Hope you get the rains you need,and have a bumper crop. IG

Illinois_Gleaner

Back it up with facts. Then I will believe it. I was there and I saw it. At least 2 to 1 Gleaner if not 3 to 1 IG

Deerebines

Well, I'll give you that much. You did bring this board to life and it isn't even winter here in the states.

allen

well if you are saying back it up to facts to guy conan, then i think i will say it to you as well back it up with facts on the gleaner side! i was out there last year and it was the opposite 2 mf's to 1 gleaner not counting the challenger line, as our rep said they make a big run of one brand say they will run 2 gleaners to 1 mf for say 2 weeks, then say the last 2 weeks doing the opposite, guy at the factory told us that one so i will believe that one, makes sense it that word just the case and new holland does on their cobines they have a run on orders on case or nh then gear up for that brand, only logic sense to me to do it that way. allen

Illinois_Gleaner

Someone would have to have those numbers somewhere. I know what I was told came from a Massey dealer. So I kinda believed him. If it were just a Gleaner guy you know what his answer would be,or vise versa. I am sure my dealer sells more red then grey.But he told me that production is 2to1 Gleaner if not closer to 3to1. IG

MostlyGreen

You're stepping on a slippery slope there, Guy! ;-) As you already know, AGCOSTAR was very, very similar (almost identical) to the Massey articulates. AGCO's primary reason for discontinuation was on account of the fact that they no longer had a North American manufacturing facility for the tractor, once Coldwater was closed. Be it may, it was STIll a blunder on AGCO's part. Personally, I thought those tractors were good, cheap, reliable horsepower.

Guy_C

No slippery slope,it was a marketing blunder,and you are right they were mostly Massey and they would of sold very well if they would of been painted red and sold as a Massey like they were to asked many many times.

MostlyGreen

Funny thing! There is a picture (posted on the net somewhere) of an AGCOSTAR factory-painted Massey Red. Seems AGCO (at least) "thought" about marketing these tractors through the Massey dealer network. My neighbor had probably one of the few AGCOSTAR's ever existing in Ontario. Again, I thought it was tremendous value for the money.