Combines Just a reminder 1st Rotary Combine Patent

SilverTurnedGreen

I'm not sure where you're getting your facts, but I can take delivery of a CR rotary this fall if I want one; - there for sale and being delivered now. In addition, our local New Holland dealer has been aggressively demoing a new rotary (not sure of the model number) against Deere, Gleaner and CaseIH, so it seems that New Holland is expanding thier marketing scope, at least in Ontario.

corn_king

SOUNDS lIKE EVERYBODY GETTING All WORKED UP AROUND HERE ABOUT THE BIG RED COMBINE THATS COMING I JUST GOT DONE COMBING OATS WITH MY 1997 2166 All THE AF. I HAVE OWNED SINCE 1977 UNTIll NOW HAVE GOTEN EVERY ACRE OF OF CUSTOM WORK DONE SO DON'T EVEN TAlK TO ME ABOUT ANY OTHER COMBINE IN FACT I THINK I'M TRADING MINE FOR A 2366 SO THERE GOODBY!!

corn_king

ITS SHAME TO HAVE THESE OFF BRAND COMBINES TAlKED ABOUT ON THE CASE IH TAlK SHOW. RED All THE WAY!!

corn_king

if these guys don't like case ih what are they doing on this site i think maybe there a little bit intrested.

Deere4life

I'm from Ontario too, and by looking at the very few New Hollands in my area, I don't think you will ever see a STS traded for a NH. Also, as far as I know there are no STS's on red lots either, but there are several big IH's on Deere lots.

SilverTurnedGreen

Since 1984, I've gone from New Holland to Gleaner to Deere, and I would seriously consider buying a New Holland again. I don't own an STS (I have a 9650 conventional),so I can't relate to thier features over a New Holland. It sounds like you like yours!

George_2

I am from Ontario also and I have seen the NH CR960 in Mitchell. In fact, I crawled all over it and my response is that I would like to see their flagship, the CR 970 to see what the capacity of the larger machine is like. I suspect it is 30 to 40 % greater than a 2388. The CR 960 machine is a strong well built machine (a bit heavier than a 2388 but I doubt it has that much extra capacity). It has many features similar to the Massey 8780. The truth is that CNH expect about 30 % of Grand Island's production to be NH units while 70% will be CIH's and I tend to belive the NH machine is the appetizer before the main meal(the CIH version). They are doing their debugging on the CNH version because of less sales loss risk than doing it on the CIH version. From what I have seen of the NH version, and the differences between the two versions, I suspect when the CIH 7100 and 8100 hit the market they will blow the doors off anything Deere has now or in the next few years. The STS is not being pushed here in Ontario as far as I can see. Take a look at Huron Tractor's lots, with few STS's and lots of conventional combines. The only reason there a few CIH axial flows on Deere lots is that Deere contributed scarce money to their dealers to buy CIH units one year ago in an effort to gain market share. Deere would have been better advised to have spent their money developing a better STS that would be competitive with the CIH models to come. I also suspect now that Deere is running an operating loss there will be little money available to develop a more competitive STS version. Their walker machines are dinasours to service and manouver so I don't see a future for Deere with these machines either. Finally I suspect if CNH have any brains and market both versions correctly they will become the market leader relative quickly.

SilverTurnedGreen

It's forseeable that CNH may gain market share, but to become the "market leader" is a tall order for them to accomplish! The fact is that, although the companies are building larger capacity machines, it IS NOT the larger machines which are making-up the majority of machine sales. I recently bought a 9650 conventional and I certainly don't consider it to be a dinosaur by any means; - I will (and have) put my previous 9610 up against a 2388 with no problems. I do believe that Deere will finally have a REAl contender in the combine market now!

Deere4life

I think the AFX will be good competitor for the STS, and may turn a few green guys. But until it's here I don't think there is anything that can compare to a Deere. I really hope that case has a better cab than the new NH's, they really look cheap. Since the STS came out, our local Agraturf dealer has sold close to ten STS's and only two conventionals. We run both and are happy with each one.