Combines Just a reminder 1st Rotary Combine Patent

SilverTurnedGreen

I just sold my 9610 for a very fair dollar. Your "dinosaur theory" doesn't wash!

23884lIFE

Do you think a company like Deere is just going to stopIJ Do you honestly think all these other companies are in better financial situations than DeereIJ I don't think so. If you get on the web (and they're all published because they're public companies) and look at the money spent on RandD, and Deere spends WAY MORE than any other company. And to say that they are running on an operating loss...well, they did some restructuring last year, and now their profits are up 106%...it's just a well run business. look at stock prices...$45 per share for Deere, $3 for CNH. I wanted to buy some CNH stock when it first opened at $8 (don't quote me on that exact n). I thought it was a bargain. Deere at the time was $35. look what's happened. In regards to 9650s. There are still 9650s because they're better in straw, and with the Deere, see, you have a choice!

calvin

Just what did it cost you to update to a newer machineIJ How many hours and how much per hourIJ

All_colours_turned_Yellow

You should have bought a NH Tx instead of that 9650 then you would have a real muscle combine instead of a panty weight. When New Holland introduced the Tx to North America back in the early 90's it was 10 years ahead of where the competition is today. New Holland dealers would not promote this combine because they wouldn't accept change from their TR models. Features found in the new CX and Cr combines today were all derived from the Tx.

bill1

I totally disagree. A few years ago I had the opportunity to run one of the TX's and it was the worst combine I have ever ran. losses were considerably higher than the 9610 and case combine. I won't even get started on the reliability_maintainance issues.

SilverTurnedGreen

My 9610 was loaded and had 1244 seperator hours (1650 engine hours); - the combine was in near mint condition, with belts and chains at about 70% and 2 new 30.5X32 tires due to "a close encounter" with a set of field harrows hidden in some tall grass at one of my customers. My last year of "off-warranty" maintenance costs worked out to $19.54_hour (Canadian Dollars) and I traded my 9610 with a 920 flex for a 9650CWS with duals and a 25' flex for $85,000 (Canadian Dollars). In comparison with what others in my area were offered for thier trades, I thought I did reasonably well. My neighbour had a newer 2388 with slightly fewer hours and he couldn't even trade the base unit for $85,000; - he traded on a Massey 8780XP (which he likes) but only because the dealer was desperate to sell one in his area. Unfortunately, he had to trade the heads with the combine and ended-up paying (alot) more than $85,000 anyway; - I don't know where the logic was in that! In turn, my trade has already been sold so I can only assume that the dealer did okay as well!

SilverTurnedGreen

The reason most New Holland dealers wouldn't market the TX series was because they already had $100,000 worth of parts in stock for the TR series and didn't want to commit to the necessary investment required for parts, service school, etc. My Deere is by no means a "panty weight"; - I've just bought my 4th Deere and I try not to continually invest in a losing proposition. I will, however, give New Holland a second look as I have a Gleaner C-62 ready for trade next year.

With 8106 sq.inches of separating area in the walkers, not including 1333sq. inches of concave area, not including 928sq. inches of rear beater concave area, not including 1225sq. inches of rotary separator concave area for a total of 11592 sq. inches of separating area, combined with 10264 sq. inches of cleaning area makes it very hard to imagine any loss out the back unless settings wern't proper. The amount of cleaning and separating area of the Tx is hard to match or surpass in combines of past years, present, or future. The separating area in a 9750 STS is 9703 sq. inches and cleaning area is 7053 sq. inches respectively taken from the owners manuals. My friend if you had some grain going out the back, maybe you should have second guessed the DEAlERS preset settings and re did them yourself. A gentleman by the name of "Kutcher" makes a respectable living out of redoing and renovating the insides of new as well as used John Deere and Case IH combines to make them perform better. To this date he has never been approached by any Tx owner about providing any performance enhancing addons for this model combine in 8 years, that should speak for itself!!!!!

Rockpicker

I saw a CX at a farm show up in Canada. That has been the only X of any NH combine I have seen. It they have so many sq inches, then why doesn't everybody have one. I see no reason to buy one because I have never seen a combine with so many moving parts and junk on it like that. The CX really hammers home the simplicity of the rotary.

If it has taken you this long to finally see what has been on the market for years, then shame on you. When it comes to tough straw or long green stem beans, and cockelburs the size of Christmas trees and you are crawling at .25 mph with your rotary then you would be glad to get behind the wheel of a Tx. The Tx was introduced to NA. for tough conditions and areas where straw is baled. This combine will work in these conditions as well as in corn and soybeans just like any other conventional combine. It has many unique features only available in this model, like a reversing cylinder and self leveling shoe, twin returns system that eliminates material going back for rethrashing in the main system,as well as a system that allows you to change from windrowing straw to chopping in seconds. Alot of these features found in the Tx are incorporated in the new CR combine and should be incorporated in the competive American built ones as well.