Combines Just a reminder 1st Rotary Combine Patent

SilverTurnedGreen

Having owned conventionals and rotaries in the past, I can attest that rotaries "generally" don't require as much cleaning area as a conventionals to equal thier respective overall capacities, and as far as Kutcher not offering performance enhancements for the TX series, it could be on account of supply and demand; - thier aren't really too many TX's sold. I like some of the features of the TX_CX series, like the dual returns and self-leveling shoe, but I found that it seemed to beat the straw pretty bad for baling, especially compared to my 9610 at the time. I custom combine approximately 800 acres of barley for dairy farmers yearly, so good balable straw is important.

Rockpicker

Shame on me. How about shame on HN. Every NH ad that I see or here on the radio they are always talking about the TR. I have never even seen a TX on a dealer's lot. They always have TR combines on the lot. The dealers didn't push the TX. Since you are so high and mighty with your R something why don't you get after the dealers and not the farmers. NH does a pretty lame job advertising the TX compared to JD selling conventionals. Why is thatIJ Around here, if a farmer wants a conventional he buys a JD 9600. If he wants a rotary, he buys a Case 2388. Those two combines have proven to be the most reliable and best dealer support around here.

iowaboy

Is that why the STS plugged up at farm progress show a couple years ago in front of all the bystanders (like hundreds of them) and now Deere will not run the STS in soybeans at the shows if there is a green stem field conditionIJ Maybe they know something about the limitations of their machine!!!

iowaboy

Your right Mike. And do you know why the NH rotors were 17" in diameterIJ Those IH engineers welded two IH 315 cylinders together end to end and "presto" one 17" rotor. Only trouble was it ended up being too mechanical (belts, chains, sprockets, etc. So they scrapped it for the simpicity of the single rotor concept.

All_colours_turned_Yellow

Rock Picker you are absolutely correct. New Holland has done a very poor job of promoting their conventional combine to the North American market. I guess alot of the dealers with 20 years of TR experience and parts handling they didn't want to start training maintenance personal and start handling a whole new parts line to acomodate these machines. This is a poor excuse if you ask me. My own personal opinion is both Dealers and Company are to be blamed entirely 100%. New Holland and their dealer network have no reason to complain about market share because they had, and presently have combines capable of obtaining more market share but nobody knows anything about them. I apologize if I came off blaming you or any farmers for not realizing this, it is no means their fault.

jacco

ain't it about time deere got to think they had something special in the market place...too bad the red guys got to ruin it again for them...

lovetofarm

lovetofarm

I hate to rain on your parade but patent 140,396 is not a rotor design. If you went and actually looked at the patent you would see that the grain is trashed with wooden beaters, the rotating drum looking device is nothing more than a way to clean the grain after it has already been threshed. The angles on the cone merely help the grain to exit. the cone just rotates slowly to help the wind remove the straw. It was not an Axial Flow Rotor have no idea where you came up with that. lol