Combines m3 feeder beater sprockets

silverbean

What size head are you running and what are you combiningIJ Are all your fingers on the feeder beater drumIJ

dean

Have a 20 ft 300series_320. All the fingers are in the beater. dean

dean

Combining soybeans. trouble with feederbeater plugging. dean

sidekick

Have you had this problem before or is this machine new to youIJYou need all the springs in the slip clutch and it needs shimmed "by the book"(adding washers under springs is wrong) for starters and never grease it.I've heard that badly worn cyl bars won't suck stuff in and can contribute to beater plugging.I'm assumming the M3 clutch is similar to my F2.

dean

Have had this machine for many years.Has been a problem for years. When the stems are tough.have been using it with 6 springs. dean

silverbean

I have an M2 and l2 what help me GREATlY was getting proper feeding into the machine and what I did was put a 3" hose behind cutterbar to lift beans for reel to grab and this fed the beans alot better to feeder beater...Although if you have really green stems on your beans you just need to slow down a little -- ***(easier said than done) as we are getting a good soaker here 2" and still raining hard --water standing up and down the rows. W.C. MN

driftersifter

I have had the same problem too. I have the hose on the front of my 20 footer and it helped but it is really aggravating to say the least. Mike

MN_Dean

In 77' we had a new F2. We and another neighbor with an identical machine were hired to combine soybeans for my cousin. Our beater wraped and actually bent. The old guy working with us said sometimes you just have to tighten down the cylinder clearance and grind the stems up a bit. It takes some power and forces you to slow down a bit but slow and steady wins the race.

MN_Dean

Sorry I was thinking back beater. The suction hose on the cutter bar is first thing I'd try. Second thing is some belting (2 to 4 pieces 6" wide on ends of reel) they can be longer than the tines as they will slide over the guards. Turn the curl to the back and they will flick the beans under the auger. You can also stager them on the reel elsewhere if needed. Nothing works better than an air reel though. Saves frustration when short or wet and blows the loose beans in the machine when they get dry. cylinder bars need to be good to pull beans through. You may be able to turn yours.