Combines My C62 has the shakes

Tom

Dan, Its been 2 yeas since my R60 jumped a cog and I completely forgot about that awful grumbling noise. Thanks to you, Hyper, HyperII, and others on this board, I dont have that problem any more. Tom Russell

SilverTurnedGreen

We've received about 3 feet of snow so far this winter; - can't complain, this amount seems typical for this region. I can't really give you much of an insight on wheat prices around here since I don't grow any. I CAN tell you, though that soybean and corn prices are depressed. They were gaining a little back a few weeks ago, but are slipping again. That 7720 you bought sounds like a real peach of a machine! :) I had an 8820 Titan II before my 9600 (before my 9610) and I still miss having that machine around. It was, to date, the most reliable Deere combine I have ever owned (or made payments on)! The year I dealt that machine, I was running alongside a new R62 and having no problem keeping up in mixed grain or corn. It would "eat" my N6 as far as capacity is concerned. The N6 was a fiasco, but I will commend my 2 local AC dealers for the high level of service I received. They REAllY did everything possible to keep me going, and this is the major reason I purchased a C62. I grow nothing but corn, mixed grain, barley and a small variety of grasses for seed. Including custom work, we typically combine 3,000 to 3,500 acres per year with 2 combines.

SilverTurnedGreen

YOU'RE RIGHT!!! My AGCO dealers "ace" mechanic was out last week (while I was at the farm show) and fixed the problem! The feeder chain jumped one sprocket, although one could hardly tell by a simple visual inspection. I haven't checked to see if there is a stripper plate to help prevent this from happening, but I'll check and let you know the first mild day we get! Thanks for your help! I greatly appreciate it!

clipper

NH3 IS ANHYDROUS AMONIA, IT IS 82% NITROGEN AND MUST BE KNIFED IN OR PUT OUT UNDER THE WINGS OF A FIElD CUlTIVATOR OR CHISEl. IT IS CHEAP BUT IS lOOSING POPUlARITY BECAUSE IT WIll OVER TIME TIE UP ORGANIC MATTER IN THE SOIl AND CAUSE SOME PH PROBlEMS. IT IS AlSO DANGEROUS TO FOOl WITH AND CAN BURN OR KIll A CARElESS OPERATOR. IT IS A HIGH PRESSURE PETROlEUM PRODUCT THAT IS CARRIED IN TANKS SIMIlAR TO lP GAS TANKS

wheat_whacker

it's not dangerous if your partner always puts it out and you never mess with it.l......... JK Clipper..... you're a good kid..

Tom

You might consider loosening all bolts in that chain and rolling it over a few times to center everything. I didnt do this the first time and sure enough the chain jumped off as soon as I got back into the field. Tom Russell

SilverTurnedGreen

Thanks for the info, Tom! I'll do just that! I'm surprised this happened in the first place. I've never had this problem before with any combine I've owned.