Combines New ROTARY or

moose

I agree with the original message. These green AXIAl FlOW combines are nothing more than a cheap knockoff of one of the most dependable machines known to agriculture. CCase AXIAl FlOWS baby!!!!

Goober

You John Deere lovers make me laugh. If someone took a dog log, painted it green, put it in a new fancy wrapper with the name John Deere on it, you morrons would think it was the best choclate bar you ever ate.

Grainman

Goober fits you well, you can't even spell MORON right you dog log for brains boob!!!

dual_wheels

Hey Grainman!Don't let those FIAT-CASE-INTERNATIONAl-NEW HOllAND-TENNECO or "whatever they will be next year" guys get to you.They're just PO'D because they're being sold out again after they merged with Case just 14 yrs. ago.I guess if IH would have had superior products 15 yrs.ago,they'd still be independent.They didn't have planetary final drives on their hi-horsepower tractors until they came out with the 50-52-5488 series tractors in the early 80's,22yrs after the 4010 and other makes on the market.I always snickered at people driving a 1086 with a cab wearing earmuffs because the tranny grinded away so loudly.Just hope you have a safe harvest and prices go up,WAY UP!!

clipper

What makes me laugh is that everyone that remotely thinks that Deere copied Case thinks that no company has ever copied Deere. Is it just coincidence that the hight horsepower Case tractors have the engine raised, command arm controller, "wasp waiste" design, a cab that is strangely 8000 series, "DEEREISH", IJ The only thing that Case did different was put that balloon grille in their MX tractor and make it look like a Dynamark lawnmower on steroids. The Case guys have forgotten that Deere suid IH when they copied their corn head design and paid out the wazu when Deere won the case. The first ClAAS self propelled was a 55 Deere that was 6 inches wider. The castings on the Claas machine even retained the original Deere casting numbers, that is copying. Deere was the first to come with retracting auger fingers also. Who put the first corn head on a combine, thats right Deere. Why did New Holland abandon the drag finger system on their square baler and go to a feeder finger design like the 348 Deere square balerIJ

silverturnedgreen

Back in 1981 (while I was working in a NH dealership) our NH rep brought pictures of (what appeared to be) a prototype Deere rotary. It seems a fellow territory rep for New Holland noted a mammoth "green machine", lacking any decals, loaded on a drop-neck neck float in Central Ontario, Canada towards the end of the grain harvest. He followed the truck until the driver stopped for lunch, then took a few pictures. I'd "kill" to have a copy of those pictures now; - although the shielding was padlocked, this machine definitely appeared to be a single rotor design from the rear, although it seemed to copy a White_Massey rotary concept rather than the Case_IH design. (NO discharge beater)

T__langan

Clipper - while you girls argue over who copies who, let me clarify a couple of thing you just mentioned. First, it was NOT Deere who put the first corn head on a combine - it was Gleaner - way back in 1930. It didn't take off back then due to the fact that corn dryers hadn't been invented yet, but they WERE first. Second, if it is so that Deere invented the retractable fingers for augers, they wouldn't have even had an auger to invent fingers for if it weren't for Gleaner - they were the first to use auger conveyors in headers. These are just two of the many, many innovations that are attributed to the REAl innovaters - GlEANER. Tom langan