Combines R72 throwing over

tj

Suggest that you defoliate the tree before attempting to harvest and use taller tires.

Dan

Sorry Bigsky it is in the design of the beast. It's Gleaners contribution to saving the forest.

tbran

first one must install the lARGE seed kit part no. I 8 1 2-O. Since you are not having any problem with material other than grain, I would concentrate on the NUT separation area; this is the area inside the high visability glass door. As you sit in the seat concentrate on the mass sitting just behind the steering wheel. Evidently it needs tweaking a bit. Also I have received a email from my friend Paul Bunion (sic) who is very perturbed at you. Seems you are encroaching on his business, as well as flooding the market with toothpicks, now he is thinking of sueing all the owners of the Acorn Special Gleaner Guys ....

Tom

Arent you the guy who wanted the gigantic seat for kind of a large operatorIJ Raise drive tire air pressure to level the combine or get a smaller operator. Smile!! How is that new R72 doing for you on other cropsIJ Can anyone else keep up with itIJ Tom Russell

T__langan

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents on the subject since that's all it's usually worth. You may want to invest in a set of those chromed stalk roll blades discussed below. Oaks can raise hell on a Hugger and the chromed blades will make them last a lot longer. Maples are softer and run through much easier but the nuts are hell to separate! I have heard of some guys up in Canada that cut oaks with a flex head and can really get the acorns that are low to the ground but one must modify the reel height to be able to raise them high enough. As for your nuts being tossed, ask Hyper Harvest if they have a Hyperized Acorn chaffer that could help you on this. Seeing your nuts on the ground behind a combine is a bit unsettling...... :) One more thing, have you checked for pre-harvest lossesIJ Perhaps you are loosing your nuts before harvest timeIJ Tree rats, more commonly known as squirrels, have been known to cause catastrophic pre-harvest losses. About the only control measure for them comes in the form of a high speed projectile of about 22 caliber. A man needs to do whatever is necessary to protect his nuts at times. (Geez, it's been WAY too long since harvest time!)

Bigsky

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did a little bit of everything you guys suggested, and have no problem now...perfect sample, with no loss at all in rear. You guys are all great, and I enjoy reading all your postings, etc. Our only problem now is the price for the acorns are at an all time low...same as the rest of the grain commodities. Maybe...just maybe...I might look into growing something a little more exotic, such as hair. I figure if I grow 10 acres of hair, I would be a millionare. I know this for a fact, since the neigbours wife has a little patch 3 inches square, and she made $40,000 last year :)

SilverTurnedGreen

Try growing Pine Seed! A 30 foot flex @ 5.5 mph should keep your R72 full enough to do a satisfactory job. That is, if the pines are planted in 30" rows.

johnboy

I've got a feeling that those stills are working well or are you guys getting stir crazy from not having anything to harvest. we will be in millets and beans when it stops raining for more than a week. john

Grainman

Mr. langan, Wanna bet Green can out harvest a silver-seeder, forest creatorIJ

SilverTurnedGreen

Some operators purposely "crowd" their combine in order to provide a cover-crop! Don't you know anything about reforestrationIJIJIJ :)