Combines R72 throwing over

Tom

But John, you guys are always 180 degrees out of phase. Some days I wonder if Im the only normal guy left around here but lately there is some concern that my engine isnt firing on all cylinders either. How do crops lookIJ Will it be a good yearIJ Have a great harvest. Tom Russell

johnboy

Tom the crops are in great shape.the sorghum ( milo)crops around here will yield anywhere from 2 to 3-5 tons to the acre dryland,the problem is the price is $63us a ton .not much the millets are also in great shape as well as cotton .there is not to much corn here because the summer is generally too hot when the corn is tasseling. Anyway the john deere boys are trying out their STS to-morrow in 3ft high millet(damp and tangled) so i am off to see that.even the R72 sneaks up on that sort of crop. john

T__langan

They say it's the world's oldest profession!! (Way, WAY too long since harvest!!)

Chad

I think someone ought to harvest all you Gleaner nuts that are on this page!!! Something green or red could take care of that rather easily!! Would be a few lumps to take care of as they go through but these colors can handle that!

Tom_S

You all obviously need something to occupy your time, besides a computer. Tom S.

CDog

A Green combine leaves the field green after harvest, so you might as well buy a Cat so the field stays golden yellow. Gleaners are a good combine too though. I really like them, I have run over 25,000 acres with one R-62 and I can count the breakdowns on one hand. I also can say that some fields I have seen after I have ran in them have some green, but a conventional combine will never do as good as a rotary, I don't care what color.

SilverTurnedGreen

I suppose their's "good n' bad" in all brands, but having gone from a rotary back to a conventional, I would NOT agree with you. I have no problem getting a good sample AND a good yield from a conventional combine. My C62 was throwing a little over the walkers when I first took delivery of it, but with the help of a few people on this board, it is now performing well. This is not to say that I won't look at a rotary again in the future; - it never pays to have a closed mind! I am very impressed with the luck you've had with your R62. 25,000 acres is alot of stuff, especially with so few break-downs. :)

johnboy

lope they delayed showing the sts in the millet to us although it was supposed to have been a lot better than the cts in the crop(thats what the john deere lads said) now we are going to get the sts to try out in the next couple of weeks in beans or sorghum (milo),hopefully we will have the gleaners working be-side it so it can be a fair comparison john