Real Vs. Fake Christmas Trees

Andrew T

Do you all put up real or fake Christmas trees? We have a nice fake tree, but I'd really love to give my kids the experience of having a real tree at least once. When I was a kid, we always had a real tree to decorate.

The main thing to remember when selecting a real tree is to make sure it is fresh and that the tree and its base aren't too dry because dry trees are fire hazards.

I've never had a real tree. My dad always worried that it would catch the house on fire, so we weren't allowed to have one. I guess I just stuck with what I'm used to because I still have an artificial tree. They're pretty affordable and they last for years. I don't feel like I'm missing out or anything. It's the lights and ornaments that make all trees pretty anyway.

Kyle M

Ashamed to admit it, but it's fake in our house. I remember growing up there was about 5 years straight when we picked out a live one. We got pretty good and finding the healthiest ones.

Andrew T

We have an artificial tree here, but I, too, would love to give my kids the experience of having a real tree at least once. I think there's something special about having a real tree in the house at the holidays. I have fond memories of our real trees at Christmastime when I was growing up.

Logan

We have always had an artificial tree. We buy a spray to make it smell like a real pine tree, but I'm sure the smell is nothing compared to what a real pine tree smells like. I love the smell of pine.