Real Vs. Fake Christmas Trees

Andrew T

Andrew T

Farm Hand
Do you all put up real or fake Christmas trees? We have a nice fake tree, but I'd really love to give my kids the experience of having a real tree at least once. When I was a kid, we always had a real tree to decorate.

The main thing to remember when selecting a real tree is to make sure it is fresh and that the tree and its base aren't too dry because dry trees are fire hazards.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
I've never had a real tree. My dad always worried that it would catch the house on fire, so we weren't allowed to have one. I guess I just stuck with what I'm used to because I still have an artificial tree. They're pretty affordable and they last for years. I don't feel like I'm missing out or anything. It's the lights and ornaments that make all trees pretty anyway.

Kyle M

Kyle M

Farm Hand
Ashamed to admit it, but it's fake in our house. I remember growing up there was about 5 years straight when we picked out a live one. We got pretty good and finding the healthiest ones.

Andrew T

Andrew T

Farm Hand
We have an artificial tree here, but I, too, would love to give my kids the experience of having a real tree at least once. I think there's something special about having a real tree in the house at the holidays. I have fond memories of our real trees at Christmastime when I was growing up.

Logan

Logan

Farm Hand
We have always had an artificial tree. We buy a spray to make it smell like a real pine tree, but I'm sure the smell is nothing compared to what a real pine tree smells like. I love the smell of pine.

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
Of course you need a real Christmas tree. You aren't experiencing Christmas without one. You might think you are, but you're really not getting the full joy. Feel free to stop by our Christmas tree stand where we'll be happy to sell you a beautiful tree from our nursery. The fact that I'm in the business has nothing to do with my opinion. ;)

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
Oh my... I can't imagine not having a real tree. It's a process. You put on your snow boots, hat and mittens and go pick your tree. Nothing like cutting your own, dragging it out and taking it home.

baloyi

baloyi

Farm Hand
As a kid, we also selected a real tree, and as you say, we made sure it was fresh. We no longer use real trees now, but the idea to give the kids such a unique experience is now alive!