Combines 9750 test

• Thread starter dumb_and_dumber
  • Start date

greenfever

Well I guess when you take a well known name like CAT and put a engine in a unknown combine like lexion and paint it Cat yellow, you probably would think you have something, I think not. Did the Deere dealer even have a 9750 on his lot to demoIJ or Are you just blowing smoke out your tail pipeIJ I don't know anything about a Cat combine and I could care or less about one. I would buy a Gleaner or a Case IH if there wasn't Deere.

lexi

the local jd does have an 9750sts that they are doing demos with. the new 9750sts does not even have half the technology the cat lexion has. i used to think jd combines were the best combines in the world until we got a cts and actually tried it out. i was quite dissipointed with the cts. the cat lexion can walk circles around the cts and probably the sts series combines also. claas, the company who builds the lexion combine is very well known in europe and is the world's largest manufacturer of combines with new holland in second. did you that jd bought two cat lexions when they first came outIJ also did you know jd had scheduled the new sts combines to come out in the year 2002IJ i don't think jd made enough improvements on their new sts combines.

High_Rise

He doesn't know anything about the sts deere. He very most likely is a boy who wishes he could drive the biggest machine on a farm. I have done the same thing, just not lied about it to others so cut the kid a break. Of course no one drives any corn head at 7.5 mph, we all know that so let him have his dream.

greenfever

I guess I get a high rise out of the people that have to come over to John Deere combine talk show and try to put a Deere down. Makes me think that you wish you owned a 9750sts or just any John Deere. I may be a boy with a big toys and big dreams and the youngest out of four boys but happy to say we own one. I admit I don't combine at 7.5mph with corn, I tried it, but had to deal with the rath of my old man. Your right I don't really know anything about our sts because we've only owned it for about three weeks. Now you can dream about being me and I'll trust that you won't have to lie.

greenfever

Sorry never been around wheat in a combine and never operated a CTS. Just been in corn and soybean, my father and one of my brothers have combined oats but that was before my farming time. I don't know if you have operated a sts or not but trust me the technology is there. You kind of make me think you did the wrong decision by buying a CAT you sure talk about John Deere a lot. If they are the world largest manufacturer how come I haven't seen any in my areaIJ I sure do see a lot of Deere's and Case IH but no CATS.I have seen a few Claas's in a scape yard.

lexi

We did not buy a Cat yet because we cannot afford one right at this time. Believe me Claas is the world's largest manufacturer of combines. I was in Germany about 5 years ago and I did get to travel around some and the most combines I saw was Claas. There I also saw New Holland and Massey Ferguson. I did see some John Deeres but no Case IH. Our Cat dealer has sold 14 lexion combines and have 1 left and can't get any till spring. All the other Cat dealers have sold all their lexions they had ordered in. Sounds like you have a new STS machine. Can you adjust the speed of the single tine seperatorIJ This is a major drawback on our CTS. In canola the tine seperators are running too fast and break up the canola too much and therefore overloads the shoe. The CTS also could use alot more HP as it is underpowered (same problem also with CTS II). Does the STS have a 3D sieve for unlevel terrianIJ

lexi

There was next to nothing for loss. We tried out a 460 in canola. We could do 5.5mph and only be using 55-60% of engine HP. There was also very little loss in canola and a very clean sample in the hopper( the cleanest I have ever seen).

greenfever

Yes, there is a dual range separator drive speed, high range and a low range. I don't really know how a 3D seive works but our 9750 has a stair-step rotary design that gives the crop mat room to to expand as it travels through the separator, also we are on mainly flat land. I honestly haven't ran it much, maybe a total of 15 to 20 hours. I usually run our 9610 or a tractor and grain cart. I'm still learning about the sts as well as my dad and brothers. The first two weeks we had it, I swear the Deere dealer was out everyday with us learning more about it too and they still come out. It must be alot nicer than our 9610 because we could hardly get our dad in one last fall, now we can't even get him out of the 9750. Now I have a tractor question for you. We had a 9400T the past two days just trying it out and we were very impressed with it we could pull circles around are 8970 4x4 even with it properly ballast and the 710_70R38 duals properly inflated to 7 psi in the front and 6 psi in the back. Note the 9400 was not even ballast for fall work. My question is have you ever ran a 95E ChallengerIJ We tried to get one from the Cat dealer and they would not let us try one because we used two challenger 55 for about 50 hours free of charge about two years ago. We were really impressed with them a lot but do to the fact that the closest CAT dealer was an hour and 15 min. away. We ended up trading for a 8200T and a 8400T considering there are four deere dealer within 30 min of us and the closest one about a stone throw away. We do respect there answer, but we do want to get some information on how much they are, we tried a challenger 65 about five years ago, are they anything like themIJ The deere dealer were saying the 9400T would run close to $180,000 and they were not really willing to deal with our 8970 with 3800 hours only offering $85,000 and we sure are not going to put up a $100,000 at this time, considering we paid about $50,000 trade difference for our combine and the 9610 we trade was traded last fall so it only had 7 engine hours on it, kind of stupid but what my dad wants he gets. Please let me know if you know anything on a 95E Challenger. I'll let you know more about the 9750sts as I learn more. Nice to Know we can have our differences and try to get a long. Hope to hear form you lexionman or anyone.