Combines anybody scared of the duetz

NDDan

Tom, I have seen a few combines in Canada with an outside filter for cab. It hangs nicely on side of cab next to grain tank and will flush out a bit each time cab door is shut. I have a machine on my lot that came from up there and it has the name Sofelco on it. It looks like it accepts the factory filter. This combine come from the Portage la Praire, Manatoba area so you could call the dealer there. I bet they will be familiar with where it came from and will be very willing to help. looks like a very good deal to help reduce service to cab air system. Good luck

Tom_Russell

Thanks, Dan. I will give the dealer in Portage la Prairie a call. Our l and M series machines had a stack assy (71178615) and a pre-cleaner cover assy (71175745) that took cab air from above the cab instead of from the side. I figured they wouldnt work on the R60 because off the overhanging cab roof. This deal you are talking about must have a provision for getting through or around the cab roof overhang.

NDDan

I think you could go threw the overhang with the old l-M stacks but I would rather this other deal that hangs under overhang. The filter hangs at approx 45 degrees so it should flush out a bit each time the door closes. It doesn't look out of place either. I got the number for dealer for you: 204-857-5130 Maybe you could let us know what you find out and maybe a price. Take care

Silver_Pride

Tom, for a cheap fix just mount a engine air filter over the hole where the screen lets air into the cab. I made a bracket to fit inside of where the screen is attached with a long bolt extruding outwards away from the machine that I then could place the filter over the top of and tighten the bolt just as if it were inside of the air filter cannnister on the engine. This keeps the cab extremely clean all season long.

Tom_Russell

Thanks for the suggestion. If I cant get anywhere with the outfit in Canada I will give it a try. Come to think of it, I have a Donaldson pre-cleaner that came off an l2 we parted out some time back. Getting it to fit on the side of the cab would be a challenge.