Combines IJ for the men

riceman

Do both!. Work in the shop drive a combine and take care of the family , kids and house. I think every man wants a wife like that. If he won't marry you, will you marry me. I was looking for a good operator.

SilverTurnedGreen

I know that in our household, WE take care of the children and home and WE both work in the field. I like that fact that my wife takes an interest in the farm and machinery issues. Coming from the city, she really amazes me sometimes, and because she understands farm equipment so well, she often provides insight into purchasing decisions.

95man

Riceman - Out of luck here, 95woman is a keeper for me. Maybe if she's lucky enough, she'll get a 9500 with a 925 head on our wedding day to drive home in from the ceremony and reception and then get to maintain and run it come harvest. How's that for happily ever afterIJ - HAHA

The_Red

I wish my wife had that kind of attitude but she has no interest in my farm or what I do out there. Go for it and learn and help out with the combine chores. Just be careful messing around in the cab after night. Fences have a tendency to sneak up on you. :)

Big_Al

We run a custom harvest outfit and my wife runs the combine more then I do she knows it inside out. If your wife or girlfriend takes an interest in farming that will make your relationship stronger. And that is a good thing

riceman

Maybe instead of dragging tin cans behind it, you could tie up a few old 55 gallon barrells behind it. That would look real good. It sounds like you've got hold of a good one there.

The_Red

ROFlMAO! That's a great story! I might have to think of something mischevious when I drive that 4400 home through Indianapolis.

riceman

I kinda like the idea of you riding up in the hopper. I can just see that veil blowin' in the wind at the blistering speed of 18 mph!